UBC’s Centralized Accident/Incident Reporting System (CAIRS) is an online system to report Incidents and Accidents.
UBC CAIRS Support
UBC CAIRS Support
Who can have access?
UBC CAIRS is an online system to report Incidents and Accidents. You do not need registered administrative access to report an incident or accident. To report an incident, please visit: https://www.cairs.ubc.ca/public_page.php
Managers, Supervisors, Joint Occupational Health and Safety Committee (JOHSC) co-chairs, Local Safety Team (LST) chairs and select others may be permitted registered administrative access to all departmental accident/incidents and statistics as determined in collaboration with information privacy security measures.
What does access grant me?
With access to UBC CAIRS, you will be able to:
- view and assist with the incidents that are occurring in applicable buildings and/or departments you have requested
- participate and assist with the investigation and corrective actions that have been recommended. You can use this information to carry out a follow up to the incident and ensure that corrective actions have been completed and effective.
- you will be able to use the statistical features of the Database to generate charts and graphs to identify incident trends in your area for discussion at the JOHSC or LST meetings.
You will not be able to access any personal information about personnel involved in the incident.
How do I get access?
Given the nature of information collected and stored in CAIRS, it is important that you have completed the Privacy & Information Security Fundamentals online training to better understand the measures needed to protect personal information and to comply with UBC privacy and security requirements.
Request access to UBC CAIRS.
- Complete the form to the best of your abilities
- Check your email for email verification request
- SRS will review the request and grant access as deemed appropriate.
What is the role of JOHSC and LST in incident investigations?
Participate in, and provide assistance on accident/incident investigations. For more information please visit UBC Safety Committees.
How can I get support or resources for CAIRS?
For support regarding CAIRS, please email email@example.com
CAIRS Workshops are available through SRS.
The following is an instructional guide, with excerpts below, to aid in the use of CAIRS. Note, these instructional guides are subject to changes based on technical enhancements.
- CAIRS Operations Manual – General User Manual PDF (11/2020)
- Guide for Reporting in CAIRS PDF – Includes images and support regarding navigating and entering CAIRS reports.
- Registered CAIRS Administrators PDF – Provides support to registered CAIRS administrators on how to navigate and use CAIRS, and support others.
- Statistics PDF – Provides instructions to registered CAIRS administrators to access and use the Statistics section.