Last updated: January 12, 2022
As of December 22, 2021, the following restrictions are in effect until January 18, 2022.
- Indoor organized gatherings of any size are not allowed. This includes gatherings like New Year’s Eve parties, weddings or other celebrations
- Indoor events at venues can only have 50% capacity. This includes events like concerts, sports or movies
- Bars, nightclubs and lounges are closed
- Restaurants, cafes and pubs can have a maximum of 6 people at each table
- Adult gyms, fitness centres and dance studios are closed
Please review the BC Government Website for most updated information on Province wide restrictions. UBC continues to take direction from the BC Provincial Government as we plan and consider next steps.
UBC’s COVID-19 Safety Planning Framework
UBC’s COVID-19 Safety Planning Framework continues to align with the COVID-19 Return-to-Campus Guidelines for B.C.’s Post-Secondary Institutions.
As stated in a recent UBC Broadcast, Winter Session Term 2 classes will begin as scheduled on January 4 or 10 (depending on the program), with the majority of instruction provided online until February 7. During this period, some courses, including those with clinical or other experiential, performance or studio components will continue in-person with appropriate safety protocols in place.
The following safety framework will support this interim measure:
- UBC will continue to follow the seven COVID-19 Safety Plans. These plans do not require customization, just implementation, and are applicable UBC-wide. Events on campus must follow the UBC directive on events.
- UBC COVID-19 Campus Rules
- Campus Signs are updated to reflect the updated COVID-19 Campus Rules
- Faculty & staff are required complete UBC Go Forward COVID-19 Safety Planning Training (Vancouver) before coming to campus
- UBC requires COVID-19 rapid testing for all students, faculty and staff, with exemptions provided for those who are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. As the first step of the COVID-19 Rapid Testing Program, all students, faculty and staff are required to complete an online, confidential declaration of their vaccination status.
For information about Vancouver campus building ventilation and cleaning, visit UBC Facilities.
For travel and border crossing requirements, visit UBC Finance – Travel.
In this section