COVID-19 campus safety rules
To ensure persons in all workspaces and other UBC property remain as safe as possible, it is required that all persons follow these COVID-19 Campus Rules as well as any other rules required of them by UBC.
These COVID-19 Campus Rules govern UBC’s campuses and apply to all activities that take place on UBC Premises and all persons on UBC Premises. For greater certainty, UBC Premises do not include land leased to third parties (for example private residences, third-party commercial spaces).
Put simply, UBC members must:
- Assess themselves daily for symptoms of COVID-19 before coming to campus and follow any instructions given to them from Public Health authorities.
- Stay home if feeling unwell.
- Use the BC Self-Assessment Tool if symptoms present themselves or you come into contact with a person with COVID-19, and follow the instructions provided.
- Stay physically distant as much as possible.
- Wear a non-medical mask in common, indoors spaces, as outlined in the relevant COVID-19 Safety Plan
Read the full list of rules, or download a copy:
- COVID-19 Campus Rules [Updated February 24, 2021]
Mandatory training for all faculty and staff
All UBC employees are required to complete this mandatory training prior to resuming UBC activities, or as soon as possible if they have been working on campus since the remote working arrangements were put in place.
The mandatory module, Preventing COVID-19 Infection in the Workplace training is accessible through the Workplace Learning (WPL) platform. To complete the training you must enroll in the course after logging in with your CWL.
Learn more about safe work
Safety & Risks Services is working to provide UBC with timely advice that is coordinated to the efforts of the BC Ministry of Health, Vancouver Coastal Health, WorkSafeBC, and others. In our COVID-19 Health & Safety section, you will find more tools and information to help you be safe at work, whether you’re on campus or working remotely.