Property Insurance

All-Risk property insurance policies protect the University against loss of or damage to buildings and/or contents.

Property Insurance

What is covered under property insurance?

  • All University-owned physical assets (buildings, contents, furnishings, equipment) are insured whether located on or off campus.
  • Coverage is provided either by means of specific property insurance policies or a self-insurance reserve administered by Safety & Risk Services subject to policy terms and exclusions.

What is not covered under property insurance?

  • Various coverage exclusions apply

How to make a claim under property insurance?

  • If loss or damage to UBC property (except vehicle claims) occurs, complete the UBC Property Losses Claim Form (WORD) and send it without delay (and not later than 48 hours after the incident) to Gina Wong. Please note that claims will not be processed until all required details have been received.

^ Back to Top