General liability insurance helps protect UBC and faculty, staff, and students in the event of claims by third parties. Liability insurance covers faculty and staff when they are engaged in activities on behalf of the university, and students when they are engaged in certain university-sponsored activities, such as practicums and approved sports activities.
General liability insurance covers:
- Personal injury, property damage, and advertising liability
- Employee benefits liability
- Professional liability
- Legal liability for firefighting expenses
- Tenants’ legal liability
Individuals and groups covered by liability insurance:
- UBC and named related entities
- UBC governors, directors, officers, faculty, and employees
- UBC students under specified conditions
- UBC volunteers under specifies conditions
For more information, including details of exclusions, or to discuss a liability claim, contact Insurance & Loss Prevention.