Can’t find what you’re looking for? Try visiting our dedicated emergency preparedness website – Ready.ubc.ca
UBC Alert: Be Notified During a UBC Emergency
What does UBC Alert do?
UBC ALERT is an important part of maintaining safety and security during an emergency. Make sure we have your number.
In the event of an emergency on campus, UBC ALERT sends text messages to your cell phone coordinated with messages on UBC`s main website (ubc.ca), Twitter (@ubcnews), and digital signs across campus.
^ Back to Top
How do I register for UBC Alert?
Click on the appropriate link below to register your cell phone number with UBC Alert. Cell phone numbers collected are used solely for emergency purposes and are stored in accordance with university privacy standards.
- Log into the UBC Student Service Centre.
- Add your cell phone number to “Your Details”
Staff and Faculty
- Log on to www.msp.ubc.ca.
- Update your contact information on the Faculty and Staff Self Service section.
- Update your cell phone number in order to receive UBC Alerts with the “Phone Numbers” link under my Personal Info.
- Update your emergency contact information (contact for parent, spouse, friend who can be reached in case you are ill or injured on campus) under “Emergency Contacts”.
If you encounter problems updating your contact numbers in Self Service, please contact the help desk at email@example.com.