Mandatory training for all laboratory persons handling hazardous chemicals.
Location: Room 103, Wesbrook Building (6174 University Blvd)
- Building is secure, the instructor will meet you at the front entrance 15 minutes prior to session start. You will not be allowed to join the session if you are late.
- Please leave time to find the location and arrive on time. Map link for directions.
- If you cannot attend a booked session, please cancel as soon as you can so that others are able to register.
Before attending the session, you must
- Complete the UBC COVID-19 Prevention course.
- Self-assess your health and cancel your registration if you are ill.
When attending the session, you must:
- Maintain physical distance (2 m) from others as much as possible.
- Wear a non-medical mask.
- Arrive on time! Latecomers will not be allowed to join.
- Leave behind all superfluous items. Space is limited so there will not be room for backpacks, laptops, and other belongings
- Bring your own:
- Lab coat
- Safety glasses
- Pen for writing the final quiz
- Lab appropriate clothing – long loose-fitting pants and fully covering liquid resistant shoes
Chemical Safety Training
Which chemical safety course do I need?
|If you are…||Then take||It includes|
|Faculty, staff, visiting researcher or student working independently where chemical are used, and who has not taken the course before||Chemical Safety Course||
|Faculty, staff, visiting researcher or student working independently where chemical are used, and who has a valid certificate (less than 5 years old) that is nearing expiration||Chemical Safety Refresher Course||
|An undergraduate student volunteering or undertaking a project under the constant and direct supervision of a senior lab member and who will never be working independently in the lab||Introduction to Laboratory Safety||
|Faculty, staff, visiting researcher or student shipping or receiving hazardous chemicals, fuels, lithium ion batteries, or compressed gasses (dangerous goods other than Classes 1, 6.2 or 7)||Transportation of Dangerous Goods by Ground and Air||